November 28, 2015, 07:23:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can refresh the page by pressing F5 to load our new banner.
   Home   Help Search Staff List Gallery Links Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Setina PB400 Push Bar! Easy Make!  (Read 2573 times)

Dodge City Police

« on: March 09, 2009, 04:00:34 AM »

Police cars without push bars are... well... kinda boring, so I took care of that problem on my Des Plaines 1:18 AutoArt CVPI. A while ago I had Put the push bar from my CHP Motormax Crown Vic onto the Des Planes car after I made a correct CHP bar for it, but I did not like the look of the bar and then removed it. So like how many of my projects start (alot of freetime), I went to a local hobby shop and got some evergreen .060" thick plain sheet styrene and .100" rod styrene. I looked at several photos of the Setina bar and cut the shape out of the sheet. Then I tried to match it's width on the bumper and cut a horizontal flat bar as well as the rod to the right length. For the final touches I used a rubberband as the rubber moulding and cut some brackets for the bumper out of the styrene and then sprayed it a semi gloss black. Overall it looks great, maybe alittle "fat" but a great dress-up for the front end of the CVPI. For around 7 bucks I now have enough styrene to make dozens of push bars for future projects, or other parts for the cars (next project flat door pannels & K9 back seat). Here are some photos of the push bar. -Todd   

Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 01:47:22 PM »

Nice looking push bar. Your efforts may make more of us try the same type of add on! Thanks for the details.

Larry Bradshaw
TechComm International
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 05:02:12 AM »

I second that motion...    Very nice job there.  It really adds to the model.  I especially liked the way you fabricated the mouting brackets.  Very Nice.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: