April 16, 2014, 03:09:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can refresh the page by pressing F5 to load our new banner.

Home   Help Search Staff List Gallery Links Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Absaroka County, Wyoming  (Read 542 times)
sarge619

« on: July 30, 2012, 05:25:05 AM »

Just wondering if any of our fine decal producers here or custom builders have thought about producing the Sheriff's vehicles from the ficticious "Absaroka County", the jurisdiction in the great new A&E series "Longmire"?

I know in the pilot episode the vehicles were a mid-nineties Ford Bronco (Longmire's cruiser), a late model Tahoe (Vic's ride) and an '06-'10 Charger (Branch's sled). After the pilot, the Charger was replaced with an '11/'12.

Be interesting to see them in scale. The Bronco would be difficult (I don't think anyone ever produced the mid-nineties version in any popular scales but I could be wrong) but there are plenty of candidates for the various Chargers and Tahoes in '43rd and '64th scale.

"It's a hundred and six miles to Chicago.. we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses" "Hit it!"

"Hey officer, these cuffs are too tight!" "Don't worry, they'll stretch out with time"
RoninMK12

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 05:48:25 AM »

I too would like to see some Absaroka Sheriff's decals. The books are considerably better than the series in my opinion.  Roll Eyes

Remember the fallen. www.odmp.org
sarge619

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 09:26:22 PM »

I too would like to see some Absaroka Sheriff's decals. The books are considerably better than the series in my opinion.  Roll Eyes

I agree wholeheartedly! While the TV series is very good, the books are OUTSTANDING!!!! My wife and I got hooked on them and he now ranks in the top echelon of my favorite police/mystery writers including Joseph Wambaugh, Robert Parker, James Lee Burke and Archer Mayor.

"It's a hundred and six miles to Chicago.. we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses" "Hit it!"

"Hey officer, these cuffs are too tight!" "Don't worry, they'll stretch out with time"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: